Willkommen, Gast. Bitte Einloggen.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
14.12.2018 um 05:09:49
News: Neuanmeldung ins Forum muss über den Forumsbetreiber laufen. Bitte per Mail anfordern.
Home Hilfe Suchen Einloggen

Seiten: 1 2 
Thema versenden Drucken
Argus Oil lubrication pump / distributors drawings (Gelesen: 10169 mal)
James Allen

Ich steh auf
170er...

Re: Argus Oil lubrication pump / distributors draw
Antworten #15 - 26.10.2015 um 14:35:10

Jan, I show the Outside diameter as 8.8 as opposed to 8.5.  Anyway the pistons seals or Manschette  can be obtained from SKF lubrication systems for so little money. The way I read the drawing there has been two revisions on the 301-024-2 part number. I actually have some of these in my. stock the main difference from the original pistons as I see it is the ,3 x1 mm with the 45 degree chamfer  area on the face of the part.

Yes you guys in Sweden are well use to both the imperial and metric system.  In the late 1970 when I was stationed in Hanau Germany a group of Swedish Drag Racers would come once a year to race on our air strip. They had fantastic cars. We had what ever we could build or find.  The local German guys also had some great machines. I was not a drag racer but my company sponsored the Drag Race Club and it was sure fun to talk with the guys and look at their machines.  
Swedish machine tools. You guys imported some wonderful machines into the USA. We loved them.  But now with most all machines CNC things have changed a bit. I am working SKF in the USA to get the pistons. It will not be a success until they are in my hands. I many try a parallel effort while in Germany.
zum Seitenanfang

E-Mail   IP gespeichert
Bela

2Jahre lang 170S
W136040

Antworten #16 - 26.10.2015 um 19:44:47

Can I send the NBR O-Ring to a hotel or a private address in D (your name and address via PN)? It is for free because I have 4 and it has different dimensions. It is 15,47 x 3,53 instead 15,5 x 13,8. So you have to try if it fits the slot in your cylinder and seal your pump.
zum Seitenanfang

E-Mail   IP gespeichert
jimattsson

Gammal kärlek    
rostar aldrig

Antworten #17 - 26.10.2015 um 21:30:05

Hello Jim, did I get you right that the springs and the seals still are available as spares from SKF? In that case, this is really good news for many 170 owners. The matter has been discussed repeatedly before in German but the earlier contacts wit SKF do not seem to have led anywhere. If you can verify that I haven't misunderstood this, I would like to inform about it in the German part of the forum.

Yes the Swedish tool machine industry used to be something of the pride of the nation. But as you say, the advent of numeric control and industry robots has made fine old workmanship obsolete. (I guess the old flintstone makers said the same when bronze axes were introduced...)
zum Seitenanfang

Grüße aus Schweden
Jan Ivar Mattsson
Mercedes-Benz 170 S Bj. 1950
Volvo PV 60 Bj. 1946
E-Mail Homepage   IP gespeichert
jimattsson

Gammal kärlek    
rostar aldrig

Antworten #18 - 22.11.2015 um 22:33:24

Hello, I had a message from our friend Javier about central lubrication:

"Hello Jan,  

My 170 SD restoring is progressing, now assembling frame, engine and all sytems.  
The car was modified by my father using the frame and front suspensión from a 170S.  
After so many years the VOGEL central lubricating system needs to be overhauled....I remember the pump leaked back on the pedal...  
Could you confirm which gasket and pistons, etc I could get nowaday?  
I used the search function but there is so much info I am not sure where to start from.  

I appreciate your help,  

Grüss Javier"

I answer here because it doesn't seem to be possible to make an attachment in the PN section. Besides, there may be someone who can help Javier better than I do.

I attach the section on central lubrication from the English workshop manual. I have made some comments to picture Z/04.

First, I doubt very much that you will find any new or even NOS spare parts. You may have to look for used parts if you need replacement.

Specifically, if the Vogel pump leaks into the interior, the gasket at the pump plunger is worn or faulty. In the older pumps, like in picture Z/02, the gasket could be tightened within certain limits, but in the later pumps (picture Z/04) the gasket is kept in place by a bushing which is fastened by a lock screw and non-adjustable. In this case, you will have to disassemble the pump and replace the gasket. I suspect that you will have to fabricate a new gasket yourself. - With the pump disassembled, you should control and possibly replace the rubber disc which serves to prevent oil leakage when the pump is inactivated. I'm afraid that you will need to punch that too out of a neoprene rubber sheet.
zum Seitenanfang

Grüße aus Schweden
Jan Ivar Mattsson
Volvo PV 60 Bj. 1946
James Allen

Ich steh auf
170er...

Antworten #19 - 23.11.2015 um 18:42:39

All of the rubber parts for the Vogel system can be purchased from SKF Lubrication systems. The Argus parts are another sad story. I have yet to locate detailed technical information for the Argus system. The O- Ring in the pump is a DIN O- Ring and can be obtained from multiple sources. Bola has some for sale. See his post for the correct size and spefications. That should solve the probin of oil leakage into the cabin. Parts for the Argus oil estributors remain a mystery. Traurig
zum Seitenanfang

E-Mail   IP gespeichert
jimattsson

Gammal kärlek    
rostar aldrig

Antworten #20 - 23.11.2015 um 22:13:48

Hello Jim, thank you for this information. I will pass it on to the German speaking community.  

As for Argus, they seem at present to be a Dunlop-Hiflex subsidiary, concentrating on hydraulics and pneumatics components:  

http://www.dunlophiflex.com
http://www.argus-fluidtechnik.de/joomla/index.php/de/home

Maybe you will be able to find out something this way.
zum Seitenanfang

Grüße aus Schweden
Jan Ivar Mattsson
Volvo PV 60 Bj. 1946
javier

170SD 1954

Antworten #21 - 27.11.2015 um 22:23:28

Hello,
My 170SD car has a Vogel pump, reference 132-190-2
I am not sure if the oil distributors are Vogel or Argus, here I post some pictures and maybe someone could confirm that, so I can search the apropiate rubber parts.

With thanks,
Javier
zum Seitenanfang

Teneriffa
E-Mail   IP gespeichert
javier

170SD 1954

Antworten #22 - 27.11.2015 um 22:24:29

Another picture
zum Seitenanfang

Teneriffa
E-Mail   IP gespeichert
javier

170SD 1954

Antworten #23 - 27.11.2015 um 22:25:08

one more
zum Seitenanfang

Teneriffa
E-Mail   IP gespeichert
javier

170SD 1954

Antworten #24 - 27.11.2015 um 22:28:02

and more
zum Seitenanfang

Teneriffa
E-Mail   IP gespeichert
jimattsson

Gammal kärlek    
rostar aldrig

Antworten #25 - 14.11.2016 um 17:35:02

Thanks a lot Jim for your information on Vogel spare part numbers! I bought a complete set of 15 springs and seals from SKF in Sweden for less than $50. Still haven't found out anything worth sharing about the Argus system though.
zum Seitenanfang

Grüße aus Schweden
Jan Ivar Mattsson
Volvo PV 60 Bj. 1946
Seiten: 1 2 
Thema versenden Drucken